Sunday 28 July 2013

Lemon and Lime Sponge cake


Lemon and Lime Sponge Cake

I creamed together butter and sugar before adding 3 eggs. Next I added the zest of 1 lime and ½ a lemon as well as the juice of the lime. After sifting in flour and baking powder I baked it for 25 minutes. When it was golden brown I removed it from the oven and began making the lemon buttercream. I mixed butter, lemon curd and icing sugar together to create stiff peaks before covering the cool cake. To finish, I chopped crystallised lemon rind and sprinkled on top.

Crystallised Lemon Rind

1 comment:

  1. Do good to others so that others will do good to you.
    This is one of the things that we need to remember because not all things in the world is even.
    Visit my site for more information. Have a nice day.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete