Sunday 5 May 2013

Flower Paste Roses





Wrapping the petals around the cone
   Sorry for the long post but this is my first time ever making flower paste roses. First of all I made several cones about 1cm high out of flower paste (you use this because it sets really hard). Next I thinly rolled out the paste before using a five petal rose cutter to cut out the petals. Using edible glue, I stuck the petals to the body of the rose, closing the first petals around the cone before opening them up. Gradually I used a ball tool to thin the edges of the petals and to give them a more realistic texture and I added individual petals to build up the rose.

A flower with the calyx
   After colouring some flower paste dark green, I cut out the calyx of the flower (the green pointy leaves under a flower) and used more glue to secure these to the base of each flower before moulding them to the shape of the flower.

My finished roses!
   Also using the green paste, I cut out several leaves using a rose leaf cutter. Next I added veins to the leaves to make them look more realistic. I plan to put them on a cake soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment