Friday 21 February 2014

Fishing Birthday Cake



The moulded fish


   My dad is into fishing and for his birthday cake I wanted to make him a cake along this theme. I made a small vanilla sponge cake and cut it in half before filling the sponge with thick vanilla buttercream and crumb coating the whole cake in buttercream. I then rolled out white fondant icing and covered the whole cake in it. 

The decorated, sparkly fish
I then drew a template of a bass and coloured some fondant icing pale, marbled blue, before moulding the fondant to the template. I added fins and a tail to the body before using edible glue to stick it to the white icing. To finish the fish I used a small tool to add scales and then I covered it with glitter. Lastly I piped “Happy Birthday” in seaweed green gel icing.



The finished cake












No comments:

Post a Comment