Tuesday 4 February 2014

Sugarpaste People




Making the sugarpaste woman
   I went round to my assessor’s house today and I was going to learn how to make sugarpaste people. To begin, I softened purple icing and moulded a skirt and put the rest aside. Next, using flesh coloured icing, I made a female torso, head and arms and attached this to the skirt. Then I thinly rolled the purple icing with a textures rolling pin and covered the torso, making a dress. I added straps and buttons down the back of the dress before starting on the head. I made indents for the facial features but added a small nose. For the hair and rolled a circle of brown icing and covered the head before pinching the hair with scissors to give it texture.

   For the man, I made 2 thick sausages of blue icing for jeans and attached black sugarpaste for the shoes. Then I rolled out a body from whit sugarpaste and attached this to the legs. I made a small collar and sleeves and used edible glue to stick these to the body. Then I made long arms, flattened and cut at one end to make hands. I rolled a ball of flesh coloured sugarpaste and used a ball tool to indent features into the face. Cutting a small circle of brown icing with a hole in it I attached this to the head as hair. Then my sugarpaste people were finished!
My Sugarpaste couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment