Monday 27 January 2014

Chicken Birthday Cake



The white fondant chicken
   For my Grandad’s birthday I made him a small sponge decorated with two chickens. To start, I made a small chocolate sponge and covered it in black cherry jam before covering it in white fondant. I then made the two chickens by rolling two different sized balls of fondant and gluing the smaller one on top of the larger ball at a slight angle. Then I thickly rolled out red icing and cut it with a daisy cutter before halving the flower and then cutting one half in half.  I left these to dry overnight before continuing. I made a small orange beak and piped on two black eyes. Then I glued the daisy half on the top of the chickens head as a cockscomb and attached the other half under the beak. I repeated this with a brown chicken before sticking them to the cake and writing a birthday message.
The Chicken Birthday Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment