Thursday 2 January 2014

Christmas Cupcake Gifts

Penguin Cupcake
  For my Christmas Presents I decided to make fondant cupcake toppers. To start with I made a penguin by rolling a ball of white fondant and wrapped a thin layer of black icing around it, leaving a white tummy showing. Then I made two flapping wings and left them to set whilst I made the head. I used white and black fondant to the eyes and used orange icing to form a little triangular beak. By now, the wings had dried enough for me to attach them with some edible glue.
Snowman Cupcake
   Next I created a snowman from two balls of white icing stacked on top of each other. Next I made a small circle for the base of his top hat and left it to dry alongside a cylindrical hat. Then I made two coal buttons and eyes as well as a carrot nose. I used glue to attach the hat pieces to the head and my snowman was finished.


 

Santa Cupcake
  

 To make the Santa, I made a large ball of red icing and a smaller ball of flesh coloured icing. I stuck small balls of peach icing as hands on the end of red arms and glued these to the body. I moulded red icing into a cone for the hat and added a white icing trim and ball. For the facial features, I used black and white icing for eyes and a small ball of flesh for the nose. To finish, I cut out a white beard and a belt for my festive character.

RudolphCupcake
   



   A large ball of brown icing is the face of my reindeer. I made two small ears and used a knife to put an indent in them and glued them on the face. I moulded red icing into a hat shape and added a white edge and top of the hat. I made some eyes and made a hole for a cute mouth. A red nose finished my Rudolph cake topper.


  For a Christmas pudding cupcake, I rolled out brown icing and a
"splodge" of white icing to stick to the cupcake. I added green holly leaves, cut out from a new cutter and two red icing holly berries.
Christmas Pudding Cupcake

1 comment: