Friday 17 January 2014

Snow Scene Cake




Covering the cake with fondant
   Because snow is unlikely, I decided to make my own snowy scene! I made a vanilla traybake and put half of it in the freezer before decorating the other half. I made a vanilla buttercream and covered the whole cake in it before rolling two thick sausages of white icing and formed a hilly landscape. I then rolled out some white fondant and covered the whole cake in it. 

My two snowmen

  To decorate the cake, I made two snowmen by stacking two balls of white icing on top of each other. Next I made a bowler hat out of black fondant and a red Santa hat. To finish the hat I added a white icing and edge and ball. Then I made three coal buttons, a smiley mouth and eyes as well as a carrot nose. I then made two long red scarves and I used glue to attach the hat pieces to the head and my snowman was finished.

The trees
   
   Next I made 6 green cones as trees and glued them to brown icing tree trunks. I also made a little brown bench to finish of the setting. I then glued everything to the cake and sieved icing sugar over the scene to give the illusion of snow.
The finished snowy cake


1 comment: