Sunday 21 April 2013

Daisy Meadow Cupcakes


   I whipped up a simple strawberry bun mixture and carefully spooned the mixture into floral cupcake cases. Whilst the cakes were in the oven I rolled out white fondant icing and used two different size flower cutters to cut out enough flowers to cover all of the cakes. Then I used a ball tool to press the centre of the flower and ‘cup’ the petals. 

Cutting out the flowers
'Cupping' the petals


The finished flowers
   Next I used yellow icing to create the centre of the flowers. As soon as the cakes were cool enough I covered them with green buttercream and used a fork to create a grass effect. Using gel icing pens I stuck the centre of the flowers in place and gently pushed the flowers onto the cupcakes.

The finished cupcakes
A close up of the daisy's
 



1 comment: