Monday 22 April 2013

Pastry Wheels

The ingredients
Using a sheet of puff pastry and some household food spreads I created some tasty treats that my family really enjoy. I cut the pastry in half and planned to do two different fillings, one savoury and the other sweet.


Sprinkling cheese over tomato puree
   For the savoury wheel, I spread tomato puree, mixed herbs and cheese on the pastry. Next I rolled it up into a thin tube before brushing over a glaze and cutting into 1cm wheels.

For the sweet wheels, I thickly layered peanut butter over the pastry before tightly rolling, cutting and baking for 20 minutes, when the pastry was golden brown.
Cutting up the Peanut Butter Wheels

The finished Puff Pastry Wheels tasted delicious hot or cold! They all fell over but it didn't affect the taste :) 
 

The cooked Pastry Wheels
   









  

1 comment:

  1. the pizza pin wheels never last long in our house! The peanut butter ones are a niew idea!

    ReplyDelete