Saturday 20 April 2013

Lemon Biscuits



Here's my very first post! Last week I thought I'd make some lemon biscuits to get into spring!
 
I followed the recipe in my mums' recipe book but added lemon zest and juice to flavour before sifting in the flour. I think that because I added the lemon juice the dough was very soft and impossible to roll, shape or move. So I had to add lots of flour by rolling the dough until it was firm enough to cut out shapes. As is spring, I found some rabbit cutters and although they were detailed, when the dough was firm enough, they held their shape. 

Here are all the ingredients I used
Cutting out the rabbit shapes
The cooked biscuits!

   For the icing, I made a simple glace icing but split the mixture into two, colouring one half yellow. It was a viscous consistency and I drizzled the icing off the spoon, outlining the biscuits. After thinning the icing with a splash more water I then ‘flooded’ the inside of the outline with the icing. I chose to do this to stop the icing running off the edge; it didn’t always work though!

I used yellow and white glace icing
Here is one of the finished rabbits!


1 comment: