Thursday 24 October 2013

Cake Pops

The tray with the mixture
They cakes overflowed the holes
   Everybody has been going crazy over cake pops and I decided that it’s my turn to have a go. So I brought myself a silicone tray and made a simple vanilla sponge mix. I filled the tray half full of mixture and put the lid on before cooking for 20 minutes at 180oC. When I took the lid off the cake pops weren’t spherical and I think this is because I didn’t put enough mixture in the tray. They also didn’t come out of the very cleanly but I did forget to grease it with butter – I must get some of that quick release spray! If you are thinking of making cake pops then buy a stand or a piece of polystyrene first! An ice-cream tub with holes poked in doesn’t work!!! I then dipped the cakes in chocolate and attempted to roll them in sprinkles. This didn’t turn out great but I came up with other ideas on how to decorate them!
The decorated cake pops
 

No comments:

Post a Comment