Saturday 2 November 2013

Blackberry and Vanilla Cupcakes


I topped the cakes with fresh fruit
   It is blackberry season and down our drive there plenty of berry bushes. I picked a large handful and washed them. I left 15 large blackberries aside and lightly crushed ½ of the remaining blackberries. I gently folded the whole blackberries in the vanilla cake mixture and then added the crushed fruit.  I spooned 2 teaspoons of the mixture into each cake before baking. When the cakes were golden brown and had a nice rise I took them out of the oven. Whilst they were cooling I creamed margarine and icing sugar together with a dash of vanilla essence to make buttercream. I filled a piping bag with a star nozzle and piped small swirls on the cold cakes. I pushed a ripe blackberry into the top of the cake and sprinkled pink glitter over the cakes. I made more cakes than I needed so I froze half of them and I also open froze the blackberries so I could use them to decorate. 
Three of the cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment