Thursday 7 November 2013

Chocolate Pillows

The little pillows
   I made a chocolate chip traybake and today I wanted to try and cover squares in fondant. I put the cake in the fridge to cool whilst I rolled out 6 squares of pale blue fondant 0.5cm thick and around 15cm square. I then made a quick chocolate buttercream. I then removed the cake from the fridge and quickly sliced it in half lengthways and then into six squares. I filled and covered the cakes with the buttercream before putting the fondant on top. I smoothed it down the sides and slit the icing to try and get a smoother finish in the corners and trimmed the icing and folded any excess underneath. The corners were ripped but I covered these up with rolled blue stars. When they were finished they looked like little pillows!

No comments:

Post a Comment