Sunday 17 November 2013

Caramel, Fudge and Chocolate Surprises


Spooning in the chocolate spread
   I thought I would use some more of my caramel essence to make light and fluffy muffins. I combined butter, sugar, eggs, milk, essence, flour and baking powder together in a bowl. I now add a tablespoon of milk to give my cakes a lighter texture and to make them less oily. I spooned some of the mixture into the bottom of each case and then added a teaspoon of chocolate spread to the middle of each one. Then I covered the chocolate with some more batter. After cooking for 20 minutes on 170oC they had small peaks and sprung back when touched.


The chocolate surprise
   When I cut the cakes open the chocolate spread was not in the middle but had sunk to form a thin layer on the bottom of the cake with very little cake underneath. It was still gooey and provided a unique aesthetic. 

  To decorate these cupcakes, I made a thick caramel buttercream and covered the top of the cakes in a thick layer before finally adding a sprinkle of chopped fudge pieces.


Thick caramel icing and real fudge pieces


No comments:

Post a Comment