Monday 11 November 2013

Clementine and Pumpkin Cupcakes



Giving texure to the pumpkins
   I used a basic cupcake mix and added the rind of 1 clementine and a spoonful of orange curd before combining thoroughly and evenly. I spooned the mixture into the cupcake cases and baked for 20 minutes until they were golden brown. I left the cakes on a wire rack to cool and set about making the icing pumpkins for the top of the cakes. I softened orange sugarpaste and made 6 medium sizes balls. To achieve the ribbed effect I pressed spaghetti into the pumpkins. For the stems I combined green food paste with white fondant until it was malleable. Then I made 6 small cones with a curved point and put on each of the cupcakes. For a few I thinly rolled the green icing and made a small coil to act as a vine, and also a couple of leaves to make the pumpkins more realistic. To ice the cakes I beat margarine, icing sugar and concentrated orange juice together until it formed a smooth icing which I then coated the cakes with before decoratively placing the pumpkins on top.
The finished cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment