Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes


Freshly baked cupcakes
    I had recently used cherry icing to fill a chocolate sponge cake when I thought, why don’t I make a chocolate cherry cake? I combined the basic ingredients together and sifted in some cocoa powder before adding 1 tsp of cherry flavouring. Then, to add to the richness of the cake I added a small amount of red colouring paste to give it a unique, deep red colour. I baked the cakes in Christmas cupcakes cases for 20 minutes before leaving to cool.


   To make the wreath Cupcakes, I made a green and red buttercream and used white icing. I rolled the icing and cut thick circles out. Then I cut the top of the cakes flat and used a thin layer of black cherry jam to stick the fondant on. I used a star nozzle to pipe small stars around the edge of the cupcake to look like a wreath. To finish, I piped a thin red bow and some holly berries onto each cupcake.

My Wreath Cupcakes





No comments:

Post a Comment