Sunday 1 December 2013

Pretty Pink Gerbera



Shaping the flower
   Today I was at Claire’s and I was going to make flowers. I mixed pink colouring with white fondant icing and rolled it thinly to begin making a gerbera. Using a large plunger cutter I cut out 2 flowers and I laid one upon the other to show off all of the petals. Then I made a dish out of tin foil to shape the flower. Using a ball tool I put a large indent in the flower. Then I cut out two small flowers and rolled a small ball out of chocolate icing and put indents all over it to give it texture. I then wrapped the two flowers over the chocolate icing before putting this in the centre of the two large flowers. I finished by putting this flower on the top of a pink swirl of icing on a pink cupcake.


Splitting the inner petals
The Gerbera Cupcake

1 comment: